One full-time permanent position available, immediate start date
Locations: MJR Markham, 60 Centurian Drive, Suite 201, North Tower, Markham, ON L3R 8T6
MJR Capital Services Inc. (MJR) has established itself as a top-performing national supplier of collection and outsourcing services. We provide best-in-class service to a distinguished list of Canada’s top credit granters, and we continue to experience strong, steady growth year over year. MJR’s success in driving value and maintaining a high-level of performance for our top-tier clients can be attributed to a philosophy of dedication to client satisfaction, commercial flexibility, experience and investment in leading-edge technology.
The past 2.5 years have put pressure on all facets of society forcing consumers and businesses to adapt, including the receivables management industry. MJR Capital has not only been able to navigate these changing times, but we have grown. We expect delinquency levels will climb and as such, MJR is preparing for rapid growth with our existing client base.
We are looking to immediately fill two Senior Manager roles to improve our current processes and our performance levels. Are you a dynamic leader who is seeking a new challenge and an opportunity to make your mark on the receivables management industry?
The Senior Manager, Third Party Collections will primarily be responsible for managing a client group and a team of collection staff and transfer agents. The Senior Manager will develop and maintain team building relationships with collection staff, transfer agents, and the organization’s support partners. Using an established suite of performance and productivity reports, the Senior Manager will conduct ongoing data-driven coaching sessions with staff to help each team member to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly targets. The Senior Manager will act as a key point of contact for the organization’s partners and clients and shall collaborate with its senior leadership to identify performance, resource and growth opportunities.
- Master a full understanding of our clients’ directives, service and performance requirements and competitive measurements.
- Plan, execute and validate daily work plans to consistently meet targets established by our clients and the organization.
- Coach, train and mentor staff to consistently meet individual and client targets using established tools.
- Coach staff regarding Canadian federal & provincial regulatory policies; client and MJR service & policy requirements.
- Engage with senior leadership to develop effective collection strategies, growth opportunities, and continuous improvement plans.
- Identify resource opportunities needed for success and communicate with MJR’s support groups (e.g., HR, IT, Client Services, Accounting, Legal, Compliance, QA).
- Provide ongoing communication as needed with all stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years working in 3rd party collections.
- Minimum 2 years of managing and coaching staff.
- Proven ability to engage and motivate collection staff.
- Proven ability to develop debt collection strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in managing dialer technologies and contact strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and measuring collection performance in a competitive collection environment.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment of collection staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong leadership skills in understanding performance drivers and implementing continuous improvement strategies with support groups (e.g., HR, IT, Client Services, Legal, Compliance, QA, Senior Leadership).
- An understanding of the DRS and/or Debtmaster collection platforms is an asset.
- An advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel is an asset.
- An understanding of the legal process is an asset.
The Senior Manager, Third Party Collections reports to MJR’s Senior Vice President.
MJR Capital Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary packages, including attainable monthly bonuses, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. If you are looking for a new challenge contact us today. We are looking forward to working with you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Salary commensurate upon experience + monthly bonus opportunities.
Qualified applicants should email a resume and covering letter including available start date and salary expectations to Lorne Smith, Senior Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject header: MJR Senior Manager, Third Party Collections. Thank you for your interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.